*As of the date of publication. Be advised these could change (Especially given the nature of operating vintage railroad equipment.)
Colorado Railroad Museum
Activities at the Colorado Railroad Museum
• Convention Attendees can display their badge for FREE admission to the Museum all days of the convention.
• Friday, Sept 1 is NNGC Day at the Museum. They will be running RGS No. 20 pulling coaches 280 & 284 along with business car B-21, all painted in matching Pullman green. Later in the day, No. 20 will be pulling a prototype freight consist. Attendees will have total access to Museum grounds for photography and volunteers will be conducting shop tours. Lunch will be available from local food trucks from 12 to 1PM. (details to follow).
• Saturday, Sept 2 Steam will be running and pulling passenger and rider coaches.
• The Museum is also home to the Denver HO Model Railroad Club’s sprawling, detailed layout (including mining and narrow gauge components) which began construction in 1968 and has been a fixture ever since. (55 Years and counting!) And, outdoors you won’t want to miss the Denver Garden Railway Society G-gauge layout, one of the first public garden railways in the U.S. (construction launched in the 1990s) featuring multiple operating tracks and a separate Live Steam Loop.
Durango & Silverton
Activities at the Durango & Silverton
In addition to the usual Durango Railroad Museum tours,
the railroad is pleased to announce the return of the Silverton Mixed.
• Sunday August 27th, Mixed freight excursion powered by a K-28 class locomotive from Durango to Silverton and return. The train will layover in Silverton for lunch or alternatively box lunches will be available for purchase in advance separately. The train will have historic narration onboard as well as some photo runbys. Coach and caboose seating will be available as well as a limited number of upgrades for locomotive cab rides.
• Schedule: Depart Durango 7:30am - Arrive Durango 5:15pm
Coach and Gondola.....................................................................$150
Caboose with complimentary non-alcoholic drinks ..................$250
Locomotive Cab Ride upgrade Durango to Tank Creek...........$600*
Locomotive Cab Ride upgrade Tank Creek to Silverton...........$600*
Locomotive Cab Ride upgrade Silverton to Tank Creek...........$400*
Locomotive Cab Ride upgrade Tank Creek to Durango...........$400*
*Cab rides prices are in addition to the purchase of either a caboose, coach, or gondola ticket.
Please Call the D&SNG Reservations Office at 877.872.4607 OR online
• Ride Galloping Goose No. 5
RGS Motor 5 Excursion from Durango to Cascade and return. Box lunches will be available for purchase in advance separately. On the return trip RGS Motor 5 will stop at Tacoma Hydroelectric Power Plant and passengers will have the opportunity to take a walking tour of the power plant.
• Schedule: Depart Durango 7:40am - Arrive Durango 1:00pm
Please Call the D&SNG Reservations Office at 877.872.4607
•Additional Goose Excursions Pre- and Post-Convention available. See Galloping Goose Historical Society below
Cumbres & Toltec
Activities at the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
Pre-National Narrow Gauge Convention Photo Charters August 28 & 29, 2023
• Monday August 28th will consist of Locomotive 168 pulling RPO 65, Coaches 292 & 256 plus Tourist Sleeper 470. This train will depart Antonito at 8:00am operate to Big Horn and return back at 6:00pm. This charter will offer an abundance of photo runby opportunities. Sack lunches, water and snacks are included in the price of a ticket
• Tuesday August 29th will entail Locomotive 315 pulling rider boxcars 3537, 3414, high-sided gons 1204 & 1357, concession car 3244, 5-6 freight cars with 1930’s Royal Gorge/Moffit Tunnel heralds and caboose 05635. This train will depart Antonito at 8:00am operate to Osier and return at 6:00pm. A sack lunch, water and snacks are once again included in the price. Plenty of fantastic runby locations!
• Limited to 60 riders per day Prices range from $320-$625 (Depending on single or both days / Friends of the C&TS member or non-membership
You may go to the Friends web site; https://friendsofcumbrestoltec.org/galleries-gifts/ to reserve or call the Albuquerque Office at 505-880-1311 with any questions or e-mail email@example.com
Denver, South Park & Pacific Railway
Activities at the Denver, South Park & Pacific Como Campus
Open House September 2, 2023
• Special OPEN HOUSE for all Narrow Gauge Convention Participants Saturday September 2, 2023
• Depot Museum, Roundhouse, Merchandise Store will be open with rides and special docent tours of the Como Historical Railroad Campus.
Georgetown Loop Railroad
Georgetown Loop Silver Plume Yard Tour
Yard Tour Thursday, August 31 and Saturday, September 2, 2023
The Georgetown Loop will be holding a Silver Plume yard tours and a shop viewing from 1 to 5pm. This will be a guided tour by a staff member. Just stop be the Silver Plume Depot and they will assist you.
Consider riding the loop anytime during your stay. Please book your ticket WELL in advance. https://www.georgetownlooprr.com/
Galloping Goose Historical Society
Galloping Goose Excursions on the Durango & Silverton
Ride Goose No. 5 August 26, September 4 & 5, 2023
• Round Trip Durango to Cascade Canyon & Return August 26, $155
• One Way Trip Durango to Silverton September 4, $199
• One Way Trip Silverton to Durango September 5, $199
• For Tickets & Information Call 877-872-4607 or visit durangotrain.com
Goose 5 will follow the last train out from Durango which is the steam powered Cascade Canyon trip then the Goose will meets the Cascade train for restrooms and meals. The the Goose will follow the train back to Durango with many photo runbys.
Colorado Model Railroad Museum
Colorado Model Railroad Museum - Greeley, Colorado
$2.00 off Admission
• The Colorado Model Railroad Museum will offer free admission to the
National Narrow Gauge Convention attendees with their convention badge.
Colorado Model Railroad Museum
680 10th Street
Greeley, CO 80631
Book Signing - Convention Center
• On Friday September 1, following Jerry Day's 9:30AM K-28 clinic, he will be at White River Publications table at 11AM where the books will on sale and will be autographing them. If you already have purchased the book, bring it and Mr. Day will sign it for you. His K-36 book will be available also for purchase and signing.
San Juan Model Co. Shop Tour - Arvada, Colorado
• Saturday September 2, San Juan will be giving limited tours of their facilities.
• 2PM to 5PM.
San Juan Model Co.
8141 N I-70 Frontage Rd
Arvada, CO 80002